Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set up Family Sharing

I try to set up family sharing for Apple Music but when I click on Invite via Messages I get the following message; "Change Payment Method. The payment method on this account cannot be verified. Add a new payment method in itunes & App store settings"

Not sure why I am getting this message as my credit card has always worked in the past and I actually received a receipt from Apple for the payment of the fee to upgrade to the Family Membership from the individual membership.

Can anyone help?

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 12:30 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, GreenGrit.
If I understand your post correctly, you are seeing an error about your payment method when you try to add family members to your Family Apple Music membership. I'd like to help.
I'd recommend following the steps in this article:
If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2018 12:30 PM in response to GreenGrit

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, GreenGrit.
If I understand your post correctly, you are seeing an error about your payment method when you try to add family members to your Family Apple Music membership. I'd like to help.
I'd recommend following the steps in this article:
If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Nov 29, 2018 12:34 PM in response to raina_b22

Hi Becky,

Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately my mystery is still unsolved. My credit card was actually already charged for the membership. I looked into the payment history and I don't have anything unpaid. On the "Invite Your Family" page it says "Your Apple Music family membership is ready to be shared", but when I click on "Invite via Messages" I get the message "Change Payment Method-The payment method on this account cannot be verrified. Add a new payment method in iTunes & App Store Settings". I have reentered my credit card info and that hasn't helped.

Thanks,

GreenGrit

Unable to set up Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.