Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp No Bootable Device Found

So, I have been trying to install Windows on my girlfriends Macbook Pro 2012 with Mojave as well on the other half of the drive. So I used Boot Camp Assistant using a USB device and finally got to the part where you partition the drive and you allocate space for the partition. It then rebooted and then a black screen with no bootable device... press any key to continue type of thing. I did some research and this is where it was suppose to boot to the windows side but it did not do that. The Mac side boots fine but just trying to figure out how to finish this process. I tried to do the commands from other people with similar problem from responses with LonerT but I didn't get too far as I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the Terminal.

MacBook Pro, iOS 12.1, Bootcamp Assistant

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 3:37 AM

Are you using a USB3 disk for the Windows installer? If yes, you need to use a USB2 Flash drive of 8+GB.

Similar questions

3 replies

Bootcamp No Bootable Device Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.