Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband not working with Scarlett interface

I'm using Garage band on an Apple iMac but I can not adjust the record level to get a signal to the computer. Anytime I plug out the Scarlett interface the record level slider returns to normal, but when I plug it in the record level slider and automatic button grey out and are not adjustable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! P.

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 9:33 AM

If you just upgraded to Mojave you need to allow GarageBand to access the audio interfaces.

Check the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone.

Enable the access for GarageBand.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 28, 2018 9:29 AM in response to PHannon

to add to léonie's perfect answer:

PHannon wrote:

I can not adjust the record level to get a signal to the computer. [...] when I plug it in the record level slider and automatic button grey out

the reason the level controls are disabled is because your interface can not be controlled by software, there are hardware controls on the interface itself to control level. so since GB can't control your interface, it disables the controls.

Garageband not working with Scarlett interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.