Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete synced photos off my ipad?

I have synced photos on my ipad I can no longer delete. (There is no trash can)

Some are more than 6 years old. I want to to delete them. How do I do this?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 12:28 PM

You have to use iTunes to unsync them which will remove them. That is the only way to delete them. The text below was copied from this support article.

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Turn off iTunes syncing

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 12:28 PM in response to Batchclick

You have to use iTunes to unsync them which will remove them. That is the only way to delete them. The text below was copied from this support article.

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

Turn off iTunes syncing

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

User uploaded file

How do i delete synced photos off my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.