Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printers missing after updating to Mojave

Immediately after updating from High Sierra to Mojave, around the end of October 2018, everything seemed to be working normally until I tried to print. The print window of the app I was in would not load. I opened System Preferences and checked my installed Printers. After a long wait, the Printers preference window opened and all three of my installed printers were missing. Before getting into a panic, I did a "Restart..." of the computer, and then went right to Preferences >> Printers, same issue, no printers in the list.

I searched the online community for assistance, but finding none, I decided to try one more thing.

1. Select "Shut down..." from the Apple menu

2. Wait a minute and then turn the computer back on.

3. Log in.

4. Check System Preferences >> Printers, and voila! the previously installed printers have reappeared.

On an ongoing basis, (even today) if a "Restart..." is undertaken, the printers still go missing. However, after a "Shut down...", turning the computer back on and logging in the printers have reappeared.

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 12:01 PM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2018 1:34 PM in response to bmwx5duncan

I found the IPv6 setting on one printer which has a touch screen and changed it to ON, my other printer doesn't have a touch screen. I performed a "Restart..." on my iMac and all the printers were there this time.

I turned the IPv6 setting to "Off" again, turned the printer off and back on and then performed a "Restart..." on my iMac again and all the printers were still there.

I can't seem to replicated the issue at this time, so I'll consider it solved for now. Thanks for the tip.

Printers missing after updating to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.