Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the best os for early 2011

what is the best os for macbook pro early 2011

processor 2.2GHz core i7

memory 4GB

disk 750 GB sata

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2018 12:17 PM

The last version available for your model is High Sierra. You will find it in the App Store: macOS High Sierra - Full Download.

3 replies

Dec 3, 2018 1:10 PM in response to da7a7

As Kappy said, the true maximum macOS version for your Mac is High Sierra. Due to the APFS formatting nonsense I suggest to my customers to stick with Low Sierra to prevent drive issues. I've had issues with drives not being recognized after updating to Mojave or High Sierra due to reformatting drives to APFS, and therefore I don't associate with those versions of macOS.

[Edited by Host]

Dec 3, 2018 1:11 PM in response to ajcooke01

ajcooke01 wrote:

Due to the APFS formatting nonsense I suggest to my customers to stick with Low Sierra to prevent drive issues.

There are ways to get Mojave onto your MBP though, however none of those ways are supported and/or encouraged by Apple. I can't name ways to get Mojave onto your Mac due to the the fact that Apple censors just about anything that they dislike to the slightest bit and I can get banned for doing so.

“Low Sierra”?

your 2 nd paragraph is - a real bad take.

what is the best os for early 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.