You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing email - opened pdf and clicked on link

I just received the attached email which I consider as phishing email but unfotunately I just realized it as such when I clicked on the link in the attachment on my iphone which led to an online form which looks almost identical as the one from apple.
Luckily I was suspicious then. Do I have to be afraid of any virus infection already because of opening the pdf and clicking on the link. I did not enter user ID and an PW and of course I already changed my password on the real apple website. Thank you very much for a quick information.

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 6:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 6:25 AM

No, such scams rely on the user inputting their personal/financial information at the bogus web site.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies

Phishing email - opened pdf and clicked on link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.