Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS 10.14.1 Mohave and Unidentified Developers

Will there be future support for allowing the use of Unidentified Developer apps in MacOS 10.14.1 Mohave? I understand that Apple would like to ensure a safe environment for our Mac products, however many users such as myself have invested money from 3rd party companies (which were safe and usable) that are systematically being shut down. I post this now because I have waited for an update or other community questions. Most answers go back to previous MacOS gatekeeper issues. It would be nice to be able to load an updated printer driver in the near future.

BTW I have attempted to open the app from a finder window and control click on the app. I have opened my gatekeeper app and switched to Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere. I have attempted to open the executable file in Mac Terminal. Still receiving: "The application "app name.app" can't be opened." bubble.

Any other users/developers know if this will be updated?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 10:06 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 1, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Allan Eckert

HP Easy Start.app - Driver for HP Officejet Pro 8600, native support in MacOS is ok, but would like newer driver for printer capabilities.

OpenEMU.app - Version 2.0.7 Lists on website that works with Mohave, however will still not open app. I trust this app as I have used it in the past but understand that Apple may not allow it to work.

I have other apps that I could attempt to use, but haven't tried them lately. Although Apple is providing the safest environment for its products and customers, I also see them killing dreams of future coders and programers by not giving them the ability to share their product.

Thank you for your time.

MacOS 10.14.1 Mohave and Unidentified Developers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.