Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard: can't log into App Store or download El Cap

I am running a clean install of Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on a 2009 Mac Pro. I want to upgrade to El Capitan. I am unable to log into the App Store to see my prior purchases; the Purchases list tells me to sign in, but nothing happens when I click the provided link. The Upgrade button for El Capitan in the Updates list doesn't work. (Neither does the one for Mountain Lion, which is the only other thing in the Updates list.)

Accessing the El Cap download page (special version for Snow Leopard) from an Apple Support page (How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support) works, but nothing happens when I click the Get button.

How do I correct these problems?

OBS,Mac Pro (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 120gb HDD, NVIDIA GT120, 32gb RAM

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2018 12:30 PM

Make sure you have the App Store update installed.

App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard

There have been problems with older OS versions accessing the App Store.

contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2018 12:30 PM in response to Guy Ivie

Make sure you have the App Store update installed.

App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard

There have been problems with older OS versions accessing the App Store.

contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Snow Leopard: can't log into App Store or download El Cap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.