Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave

I have tried several times to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and now to Mojave but I have always failed. When the operation is almost completed and I have on the black screen a white apple and progress bar almost full or full the system stops and I have to shut down and reinstall the old system. I have tried to start in safe mode pressing the shift bar at start up: no result.

More information on my system below.

Suggestions please!

Carlo

macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 (16G1510)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Processor: 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

Metal: Supported

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 12:41 PM

First, repair your disk drive with Disk Utility:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Download and install upgrade: Get MacOS Mojave now from the Mac App Store.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2018 12:41 PM in response to schaerfc

First, repair your disk drive with Disk Utility:

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Download and install upgrade: Get MacOS Mojave now from the Mac App Store.

Dec 2, 2018 12:39 PM in response to schaerfc

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

How to upgrade from Sierra to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.