Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can barely hear on a phone call even though the volume is on max

I just got this iPhone X and I can barely hear on a phone call even though the volume is on max. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?

iPhone X, iOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2018 2:36 PM

How are you setting the volume to max? The volume control buttons only change the call volume while you are on a call. You cannot change the volume if you are not on a call. On the Home screen they change the ringer volume, if you are in an app (like Music or a game) they change the volume for that app.

Another possible reason is you did not take the film that the phone ships with off the face of the phone.

If neither of these help, make a genius bar appointment to have the phone looked at: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2018 2:36 PM in response to susanfromlockport

How are you setting the volume to max? The volume control buttons only change the call volume while you are on a call. You cannot change the volume if you are not on a call. On the Home screen they change the ringer volume, if you are in an app (like Music or a game) they change the volume for that app.

Another possible reason is you did not take the film that the phone ships with off the face of the phone.

If neither of these help, make a genius bar appointment to have the phone looked at: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

I can barely hear on a phone call even though the volume is on max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.