Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro(2018) Screen Glitch When Opened

User uploaded fileSo when I was opening us my MacBook about 1 month ago, I found that my screen was glitching when I was opening it up (it was good after I closed and then reopened it). I thought it was because of the humidity of the air (because it was raining) what caused it, but, when I was using it last Friday, it glitched again and same with today (about 3 days in between). First, I thought it was because of the hardware (since that's what caused the major problems that are related to screen displays), but then I found out a few people share the same problem with me, however, they say that it's because of the new update.

I'm just wondering if it's because of the hardware or the software (system updates). And if you know what caused this, please tell me.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, 4 TBT3), macOS Mojave (10.14.1), Bought in September 2018

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 3:31 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 4, 2018 3:12 PM in response to LoLi_Samurai

Hi LoLi_Samurai!

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with the display on your Mac, and I'm happy to help. You can try this reset:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Since you mentioned humidity, you may find this informative as well:

Use your Mac notebook where the ambient temperature is between 50° and 95° F (10° and 35° C). Don’t leave your Mac notebook in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range. You should also use your Mac notebook where the relative humidity is between 0% and 95% (noncondensing).

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

Cheers!

MacBook Pro(2018) Screen Glitch When Opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.