Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into iCloud from my MBPro

Help! I just can't log into icloud from my Mac. I can log in from another user account, I can log in on my phone and online. But when I try and log in via Settings, it just hangs. I get the authentication request, but when I click on the the little wheel just spins and spins and doesn't do anything. I've logged out of iCloud online and when I try and log in via setting it logs me back in so there is obviously a connection. However, I just can't see or access my files.

I've done a PRAM reset and tried to follow all the other good advice out there. However, nothing seems to work.

Very grateful for any advice.

Ali

(MacBook Pro 2012 / Mojave)

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 7:02 AM

Switch to new test user account .

HOW TO SET UP A NEW TEST USER ACCOUNT

Before creating a new test user account you must have iCloud Keychain verification code in your records , if it is not with you create a new code .

( a ) Open system preferences > iCloud > the box for keychain is checked , click on options , click on change security code .

( b ) Click on security code > enter new code in the fields and click on next , you have to enter the new code for the second time and click on next .

In the next window the country code is written , enter your trusted mobile number …….and click on done .

Again enter your Apple ID password to update your account settings and click on ok , hence the code is changed , so write down this code in a safe place .

Then follow the upcoming steps -

Create a new test user account in users and groups by clicking on plus sign , name an account and enter its password .

Take cursor on apple logo and log out from your old user account and then enter the credentials name and password on the screen of your new user account .

( a )The window is showing data and privacy , click on continue and sign in with your Apple ID ( fill up the credentials ) and click on continue .

( b ) Again enter your Apple ID and password and click on continue .

( c ) A prompt will appear on the screen use two factor authentication ( its optional you can uncheck the box and click on continue ) .

( d ) A pop up window will appear do not upgrade Apple ID security and upgrade iCloud security , so click on do not upgrade .

( e ) A small circle will be rotating , setting up account will be shown , wait for a while and options will be shown would you like to set up iCloud Keychain ( 1 ) set up iCloud Keychain ( 2 ) set up later , you can click on set up later and click on continue .

( f ) A window will appear showing enable ask Siri , keep the box checked and click on continue .

( g ) Another window will appear all your files in iCloud stores files from documents and desktop in iCloud Drive , so check the box of it and click on continue .It will show setting up your Mac , three right check marks will be shown .

( h ) Open system preferences and click on accessibility > trackpad options , check the boxes of scrolling with inertia and enable dragging with three finger drag and click on ok ( as drag and drop feature always help a user in every way ) .

( I ) Again in the system preferences > click on I cloud you will see the box of keychain is unchecked , so check the box of it after a while a prompt will appear enter you Apple ID password to set up iCloud Keychain so fill up the password and click on ok .

( j ) Again a pop up window will appear to set up iCloud keychain on this Mac , request approval from one of your other devices using iCloud Keychain .( 1 ) use code ( 2 ) cancel ( 3 ) request approval , so click on use code .

( k ) Wait for a while , nothing will appear on the screen after that a window will appear enter your iCloud security code , so after entering it click on next .

( l) An sms will come to the trusted mobile so enter the code and click on ok and you will notice in front of keychain setting up and a small circle is rotating , the box of keychain will get checked .

( m) On the top right corner of the screen a small notification will appear google password required ( in your case it depends which sevices are being used yahoo , hotmail or other ) .

( n ) Enter your gmail password and click on next , finally iCloud Keychain is set up in the new user account you can open mail application and click on get mail icon all mails will start downloading from the server .

( o ) Open notes application and click on continue all notes data saved in iCloud and in all google will start downloading and it will take time to download ( high network speed is essential ) .

( p ) Then open calendar and click on continue , click on view and show calendar list .

If you want to transfer pictures , movies , music , downloads contents from the home folder of first user account to the second test user account .

Open pictures and press command and info change the permissions to read only the folder pictures will be unlocked , them drag and drop the folder on the desktop automatically you can view the contents of pictures in the second user account .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2018 7:02 AM in response to alistair bayliss

Switch to new test user account .

HOW TO SET UP A NEW TEST USER ACCOUNT

Before creating a new test user account you must have iCloud Keychain verification code in your records , if it is not with you create a new code .

( a ) Open system preferences > iCloud > the box for keychain is checked , click on options , click on change security code .

( b ) Click on security code > enter new code in the fields and click on next , you have to enter the new code for the second time and click on next .

In the next window the country code is written , enter your trusted mobile number …….and click on done .

Again enter your Apple ID password to update your account settings and click on ok , hence the code is changed , so write down this code in a safe place .

Then follow the upcoming steps -

Create a new test user account in users and groups by clicking on plus sign , name an account and enter its password .

Take cursor on apple logo and log out from your old user account and then enter the credentials name and password on the screen of your new user account .

( a )The window is showing data and privacy , click on continue and sign in with your Apple ID ( fill up the credentials ) and click on continue .

( b ) Again enter your Apple ID and password and click on continue .

( c ) A prompt will appear on the screen use two factor authentication ( its optional you can uncheck the box and click on continue ) .

( d ) A pop up window will appear do not upgrade Apple ID security and upgrade iCloud security , so click on do not upgrade .

( e ) A small circle will be rotating , setting up account will be shown , wait for a while and options will be shown would you like to set up iCloud Keychain ( 1 ) set up iCloud Keychain ( 2 ) set up later , you can click on set up later and click on continue .

( f ) A window will appear showing enable ask Siri , keep the box checked and click on continue .

( g ) Another window will appear all your files in iCloud stores files from documents and desktop in iCloud Drive , so check the box of it and click on continue .It will show setting up your Mac , three right check marks will be shown .

( h ) Open system preferences and click on accessibility > trackpad options , check the boxes of scrolling with inertia and enable dragging with three finger drag and click on ok ( as drag and drop feature always help a user in every way ) .

( I ) Again in the system preferences > click on I cloud you will see the box of keychain is unchecked , so check the box of it after a while a prompt will appear enter you Apple ID password to set up iCloud Keychain so fill up the password and click on ok .

( j ) Again a pop up window will appear to set up iCloud keychain on this Mac , request approval from one of your other devices using iCloud Keychain .( 1 ) use code ( 2 ) cancel ( 3 ) request approval , so click on use code .

( k ) Wait for a while , nothing will appear on the screen after that a window will appear enter your iCloud security code , so after entering it click on next .

( l) An sms will come to the trusted mobile so enter the code and click on ok and you will notice in front of keychain setting up and a small circle is rotating , the box of keychain will get checked .

( m) On the top right corner of the screen a small notification will appear google password required ( in your case it depends which sevices are being used yahoo , hotmail or other ) .

( n ) Enter your gmail password and click on next , finally iCloud Keychain is set up in the new user account you can open mail application and click on get mail icon all mails will start downloading from the server .

( o ) Open notes application and click on continue all notes data saved in iCloud and in all google will start downloading and it will take time to download ( high network speed is essential ) .

( p ) Then open calendar and click on continue , click on view and show calendar list .

If you want to transfer pictures , movies , music , downloads contents from the home folder of first user account to the second test user account .

Open pictures and press command and info change the permissions to read only the folder pictures will be unlocked , them drag and drop the folder on the desktop automatically you can view the contents of pictures in the second user account .

Can't log into iCloud from my MBPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.