Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XFINITY Mobile Dropped Calls

I’m getting constant dropped calls on two separate XS Max phones and wondering if anyone has a possible fix. Have tried WIFI calling off and on, toggling Airplane mode and just about everything else I can think of. It seems whenever the phone tries to switch from xfinity Mobile to XM wireless the calls drop. Maybe carrier settings are off. Haven’t received any updates. Also, I’m on IOS 12.1 or whatever the latest is.

Posted on Dec 3, 2018 12:51 PM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2018 8:56 AM in response to mannytwotwo

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, mannytwotwo!

I see multiple devices are having issues with maintaining a cellular connection. Please follow the steps in the link below to help troubleshoot this issue. Since it's happening with more than one iPhone, it's imperative you contact your carrier as there may be an issue in your location, or with their service.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

I hope this information leads you to a resolution.

Have a great day!

Dec 18, 2018 2:46 PM in response to mannytwotwo

Hey Manny - My wife and I also recently switched to XM and are also having the same issue that you mentioned above. There is a pretty extensive forum on the Comcast support site dedicated to this issue and a lot of frustrated people.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/WiFi-calling-frequent-drops-and-call-failed-issues/td-p/3077232

I have noticed that the dropped calls issue only happens when I am on wifi with wifi calling turned on. Incoming calls will drop almost immediately afterI answer them and then I will have to call back the person or wait for them to call me back. This generally does not happen on cellular, but only when I am on on wifi with wifi calling enabled.

I have been messaging directly with an Xfinity support person and providing call logs and other data to help the XM engineers address the issue. This issue also appears to be isolated to only iPhones. Android devices are not having this problem. Also, during my communications with XM support, they indicated that they are a relatively small team and they are having trouble getting in touch with Apple Tech support to address the issue, so I am hoping this forum can highlight the issue and we can get a fix. These smaller, "virtual" providers like XM that lease from other providers towers have smaller programming staff and do not have the programming staff and natural connection to Apple like other providers. Hopefully highlighting the issue will help. Please feel free to highlight this forum to others and highlight the issue to Apple Tech support so they can engage with XM.

XFINITY Mobile Dropped Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.