You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the CleverFiles apps doing?

I see that I have two apps, called Backservice.app and Smartdaemon.app. They are contained in an application folder called CleverFiles.

What are they doing, how did they get there, and can I just delete them?

I don't have a program 'DiskDrill' that some think it is that installed them. There is no uninstaller in the package content.

[OS-Mojave]

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), 2010

Posted on Dec 5, 2018 8:40 AM

3 replies

Dec 5, 2018 9:02 AM in response to alberti-nl

You're welcome. The only other app I found during a search mentioned IBoostUp which supposedly installed a CleverFiles folder. It's hard to say if it's okay to delete the folders or even if you can without knowing what installed them. If you have a Time Machine or other backup you can always restore them if you throw them away. You can also move them to the Trash then restart and see if it causes a problem. Make sure you have a backup in any case.

What are the CleverFiles apps doing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.