Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can’t open BlogSpot hosted sites!

Since this morning I can't view mine or any other BlogSpot hosted sites! The following error message keeps being displayed:

Safari can’t open the page http://johnhood.blogspot.com/. The error was: “lost network connection” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1005)

Blogger's Status page suggests no problems (at present) and Windows users have been able to view my site sans problems.

I have sent a bug report to Apple. However, I'd be most grateful if someone would please check to see whether or not my site loads OK? Thank you.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 20"W TFT, SuperDrive, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 28, 2007 1:23 PM

28 replies

Mar 1, 2007 4:12 AM in response to John Hood

Having exact same problem as John. No blogspot sites will load. Are you on Telewest/Virgin Media? Have tried DSS solution to no avail. Have same problem with Firefox. Have tried with and without firewall - have no proxies checked. Hope someone can help. I will try tech support at the ISP but sadly have found them Mac illiterate in the past.
Many thanks

Mar 1, 2007 10:54 AM in response to carol UK

I've spoken to Virgin Media and sent an e-mail to Blogger. In my case Technical Support was most helpful and they are investigating the problem and will follow-up in due course. In the meantime, I have noted that there appear to have been problems with Blogger. However, nothing pertaining to what we're experiencing!

Out of interest can you access: http://www.iconfactory.com/

I haven't been able to since Monday and have been assisting IF with troubleshooting.

Mar 1, 2007 2:54 PM in response to John Hood

cannot load iconfactory hmmm. all the other sites have been blogspot...and I tried at least 10 of them...but all other sites seem to load OK. Glad you had better luick with Virgin - I was told, when I pressed, "are you 100% sure that this has nothing to do with the ISP?" yes 100%. Hmmmm.
hope you get some answers. I await with bated breath.

Mar 2, 2007 6:30 AM in response to John Hood

agree with you on the frustrating part. Just checked the cable modem logs and I have Error on the 26th - unit update failed and then on the 28th another Error - MAC filters. Add MAC address can't add entry. Table is full.
and 8Debug - Bridge ethernet hook. Failed to learn CPE MAC address
you didn't get a name from the Vigin Media tech support did you..? anyway I am going to try again with this info to hand.

BTW are you on a wireless network? I am with Belkin router..
have tried so many things...

Safari can’t open BlogSpot hosted sites!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.