Previous 1 2 Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2007 7:28 AM by Keith-MD
Domingo J. Guerra Level 1 Level 1 (105 points)
I converted/upgraded my available purchased songs to the newer format after downloading the 7.2 upgrade. Two or three of the songs downloaded but the rest either load part way or never process at all.

I eventually get a "song title . . . was interrupted. Check for new purchases in Store" In some cases I get the "stopped (err = 9006)"

In other cases I get "An unknown error occurred (504) Please check the connection to the network and try again?

Apparently there are many users having the exact same problem.

Anybody knows what's happening? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dual 2 GHz Power Mac G5
  • berth Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I've got the same problem…
    Please Help
  • Thomas Alton Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Why is Apple not posting an explanation for this?? I am also getting the same results as well; this is after a full day when I decided to swap 16 songs to the 'unprotected' format.
  • Claudio Bisegni Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I have the same problem, italian version.
  • Sidnak Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I bought one album and started downloading the songs about 12 hours ago. Still have 7 songs left. This is crazy.
  • David Witkowski1 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    I've got the exact same problem also. I'm trying to upgrade a bunch of songs, and three forth of the songs take forever to download. I called Apple tech support and spent 2 to 3 hours on the phone and I still have the problem. I think Apple dropped the ball on this one.
  • hbridge Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I am also having this problem. I purchased two iTunes Plus albums and only a portion of a couple of tracks is complete. An error keeps popping up saying: There was a problem downloading “...”. An unknown error occurred (504).
    Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again. One of the tracks seems to be downloading at a crawl.
  • Keith-MD Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    I too have experienced this; but do not loose heart as the songs eventually come down. I had 42 to update since the upgrade. I now have 8 remaining. I get all the errors (some 8xxx too). They make no sense. There is no Apple coverage of the problem. It appears for me they are specific to artists. Meaning I had one album come down quick; one a little slower and now the remaining hardly at all. I get a couple hundred K every now and then and keep trying when they error out. I guess I am one of thousands doing the same. Would be nice if Apple would respond and at least post that they are aware and working on better load balancing.

  • sandrino Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having the same problem. I upgraded several albums, most of the new songs downloaded fine. A few songs downloaded very slowly sometimes failing with error 504 once or twice. Now I have eight songs that will not download at all. The progress bar does not advance even by a pixel. Eventually iTunes gives up and returns the now infamous 504 error. I figured at first that Apple's servers were overwhelmed, that was yesterday. Today I no longer accept that excuse. Why can't I download the songs I purchased? This is not acceptable. Apple has my money, I want my music and I want it right now. Why is Apple silent about this? Where is the fix?
  • Ringwraith Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Have the same problem. I've got 96 songs yesterday to download and now, more than 24 hours after, 16 remained. I've got some results in accelerating quitting iTunes and restarting and also quitting the downloads one by one: when you do this one of the others download accelerate a lot...May be it works with your songs too. Think that the problem is dued to the enormous number of people downloading...
  • GMoss Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Same here.
    Tried again this morning. Same result (err=9006)
    They have the money, but I have only received 5 of the 20 upgraded songs.
    Not going to try again 'til this is resolved.
  • Gary Robinson Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    I have the same issue, for 3 of the 40+ songs that were to be upgraded. Each is about halfway downloaded, but no matter how many times I try, no more data is coming. Each time I get a 9006 error.

    Those of us who have this problem have paid for these upgrades, and Apple needs to get them to us.
  • nicklewin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have exactly the same problem. I have 43 songs that won't down load. They do a bit and then freeze until the error mesage comes up. What can i do about it?
  • franckkleber Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    i have same problems impossible to upgrade the music lbrary, and to download music (24h for 5 songs!!!!!!) and apple gives no s completely crazy for the customers france
  • Photobox Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Me too...

    I am sure it is a glitch in the iTunes 7.2 update with iTunes Plus. I have only received the error on iTunes Plus albums that I have tried to purchase... of course that is now 30 songs. I assume it will be resolved soon. However, I am going on a trip next week and now have brand new purchased music that I can't listen to!!!! It seems out of sync for Apple to let a huge problem like this go unchecked for more than 24 hours.

Previous 1 2 Next