Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to unlock Mac Pro with Apple Watch since latest watchOS update

How does one fix the "inability" to unlock a Mac with the Apple Watch after the watchOS 6.2.8 update ?

Issue: Unlocking my MacPro 2013 worked flawlessly and this for a long time but prior the latest watchOS 6.2.8 update last week... Since then, am absolutely unable to unlock my Mac Pro with the watch... Tried many things to no avail, including the last resort of un-pair/re-pair watch to iPhone as well as resetting the watch to factory settings.

The "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac" in Security and Privacy setting is ticked and my Mac Pro does connect to the watch if box is un-ticked and ticked back again. When the Mac Pro goes to sleep, I simply cannot use the watch any longer to unlock my Mac !!! Why is that ?

Any idea how to fix this issue ?

Many thanks

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 1:54 PM

Greetings Stephane,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your Apple Watch is not unlocking your Mac as expected, as you mentioned you need to turn the feature off and back on to get it working.

Test the behavior while your Mac is started in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode

If the issue doesn't continue while in safe mode, leave safe mode by restarting your Mac normally. Then test for the issue again. The issue might be resolved.

If the issue returns after leaving safe mode, startup items are probably at fault. Apps can install such items in numerous places, and they aren't always easy to find or recognize. For that reason, you should first make sure that you've installed any available updates for your Apple software and third-party apps.

If updating your software doesn't help, try any of these solutions:

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Kind regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2020 1:54 PM in response to stephanefrommcmasterville

Greetings Stephane,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems your Apple Watch is not unlocking your Mac as expected, as you mentioned you need to turn the feature off and back on to get it working.

Test the behavior while your Mac is started in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

"If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode

If the issue doesn't continue while in safe mode, leave safe mode by restarting your Mac normally. Then test for the issue again. The issue might be resolved.

If the issue returns after leaving safe mode, startup items are probably at fault. Apps can install such items in numerous places, and they aren't always easy to find or recognize. For that reason, you should first make sure that you've installed any available updates for your Apple software and third-party apps.

If updating your software doesn't help, try any of these solutions:

If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

Kind regards.

Unable to unlock Mac Pro with Apple Watch since latest watchOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.