Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get rid of apps in the Settings/Notifications

Funny how over the 20 years I've owned Apple computers, they seem to behave more and more like your average Windows PC every year...

Latest Apple invention is that apps suddently appear for no reason in my Notifications list. I can turn them off, but I never authorized any of them (or not intentionally). On top of that, they regularly reset themselves for some reason, and become active again even though I've never done anything to turn them on.

Cherry on the cake, they can't seem to be removed from the list. I tried every combination of right-clicking with various key, am only offered the possibility to "reset them", which only turns them on again! I browsed the net and can't find a solution.

Anybody has a solution? Never thought Apple would allow this... Well, the times they are a-changing, I guess.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 4:38 AM

6 replies

Get rid of apps in the Settings/Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.