Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Dark mode for icloud notes on microsoft edge doesn't work properly

I use Icloud notes on Microsoft Edge extensively. I have Dark Mode them as a default, which works find for all websites. However, for Icloud Notes, the left two columns for folders, and notes list are dark, while the note page on the right is light mode, which defeats the purpose. I tried everything to fix this; restarted, changed defaults several times, but nothing worked. Does anyone know the reason for this? Is there a fix?

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 11:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2023 3:16 PM

Couldn't find anything for Edge, but if you use this in Windows Chrome, it works:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US&utm_source=ext_sidebar

8 replies

Aug 27, 2023 7:08 AM in response to alibugi

Hi alibugi,

To use Dark Mode with the Notes app, we recommend that you try the steps here: Use Dark Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

To perform the recommended troubleshooting steps via the link above, complete the steps in the section titled "How Dark Mode works with apps."

Notes can use a light background for notes while Dark Mode is turned on: Turn on Dark Mode, then open Notes and choose Notes > Settings (or Preferences). Deselect “Use dark backgrounds for note content.”

We recommend the steps above because they show you how Dark Mode works with the Notes app. Please remember that this works with the Notes app on a Mac, not a PC. If you're seeking technical support with the suite of Microsoft apps on your PC, we recommend that you reach out to Microsoft for support via the link below.

Welcome to Microsoft Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Dark mode for icloud notes on microsoft edge doesn't work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.