Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Stolen Iphone

Hello, would like to ask. My phone was stolen, and I've seen a video from apple support about a step by step procedure on how to restore an iphone I think that the thieves would be able to restore it thru the use of a pc or mac. My only concern would be the data that I had in that phone (data including passwords, bank account, and photos). If the thieves would be able to restore the phone, would all the data be lost and they won't have access to it? Would really love it if someone would enlighten me about my problem, thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 12:39 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 1:14 AM in response to jdxx02

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your son's phone has been stolen.

Your son's phone will not be able to be activated because of the activation lock security feature. Once the device has been reset, any information that was previously on the device including passwords, bank accounts, and photos cannot be accessed by the person attempting to reactivate your iPhone.

If you have any family tracking apps like life360 or Find My, you may be able to track the device. You can also Mark a device as lost in Find My on iPhone – Apple Support (AU) using the Find my app.

This Apple article will help you further If your iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen - Apple Support.

Once again, I am sorry that your device has been taken and I hope that this helped.

Take care,

Apple Community

Stolen Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.