Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Doesn't Sync with iCloud

I'm trying to sync notes between all my devices, including 2 MacBook Pros, iPad and iPhone via iCloud. A few days ago they stopped syncing. I lost a lot of work on my Mac when the notes went missing after relaunching the app (the notes were gone). Then I realized that none of the devices are synching notes with iCloud (checked at iCloud.com). I disabled iCloud Note in Mac and tried to re-enable it and this is what it says: "Notes can’t be enabled at this time."

Does anyone have positive experience solving similar issues?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 6:25 PM

38 replies

Feb 17, 2013 9:04 AM in response to Shiblee

Same here. I have Notes checked off in the iCloud window on both my iPhone and iPad but when I make a new note on the iMac, it does not appear on the other 2 devices. So is there some setting in System Preferences on the iMac that I am missing? Other than having Notes checked in the iCloud window which I already have done? This is pretty frustrating for me as well Shiblee. I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth, just to let you know that I have the same problem.

Cheers

John

Feb 18, 2013 9:29 PM in response to Shiblee

Hi all,

First, try restarting your computer. Make sure your iCloud preferences in the computer and device(s) are set with Notes checked, then do the restart. Then create a new Note on the computer, and see if it shows up in the device.

If that doesn't work, reset the device. Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Silver Apple appears. When the home screen comes back up, go into Notes and create a new Note and see if it shows up on the computer.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

GB

Feb 18, 2013 9:57 PM in response to Shiblee

Hi Shiblee,

Where were you "deleting" the iCloud account? I was asking you simply to Sign out of iCloud on your Mac....

GB

Sorry - just tried to sign out myself, and saw the message....

OK, so now you are signed back on and everything is checked again, right? And you have gone into iCloud.com to verify that everything is still there, right?

But you are still not seeing a new Note sync to your device, right? (let me know if any of my questions are NOT right...🙂).

GB

Message was edited by: gail from maine

Feb 18, 2013 10:42 PM in response to Shiblee

I don't see any reported System Issues on the System Status site, but it has happened before. However, I was looking at the iCloud support manual, and Mail/Notes are together under the same help section. This leads me to believe that you need this iCloud account set up in mail in order for both (or either) to work.

Not absolutey sure about that, but I can tell you that as we were going back and forth, I added a new note to my Mac, and it showed up immediately on my iPhone (like instantly) - same the other way around....that doesn't mean that a server somewhere isn't having a problem, and yours may be one that is.

But, can't think that it would hurt to try to put add your iCloud account to your Mail account to see if it clears the Notes problem up....

If you do try it, and it works, can you let me know?

Cheers, and best of luck with this!

GB

Feb 18, 2013 10:56 PM in response to gail from maine

I tried to add the iCloud account (@me.com address) straight from the Mail preferecnces and this is what it shows:

"The iCloud IMAP server “p07-imap.mail.me.com” is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages."

I couldn't recall if there are any other IMAP servers.

Notes Doesn't Sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.