Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just installed IOS7 and it says your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Please help me

Please Help me

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 12:48 PM

37 replies

Sep 18, 2013 12:54 PM in response to zann24

You will know which might apply to you:

1. Your antivirus is blocking access to gs.apple.com.

2. Your phone is jailbroken.

3. Your computer has been used at some time in the past to jaibreak some iOS device (not necessarily the phone with the problem), and its network database was corrupted by the hacking software that was used.

4. Apple's activation servers are down or overloaded.

For 1. try disabling your antivirus.

For 2. & 3. you need to go somewhere other than an apple forum for help. Although you can try deleting lines containing gs.apple.com from your "hosts" file on your computer.

Sep 18, 2013 1:06 PM in response to CarGuy2680

CarGuy2680 wrote:

Come on Apple, you have been doing this for how long? Can't get better servers or more open connections! You realize how many people own iOS devices right?

900 million. There is no site on Earth that could handle even 1% of that number of simultaneous accesses. Nor could the "tubes" going to the site. Or the ISPs that handle the traffic.

Which is why I never update the day of a release.

I have just installed IOS7 and it says your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Please help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.