Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Push for Mail Still Not Working IOS 7

Since last night, I am still having problems with my iCloud email push. I have done a complete refresh reset of the phone, and still no success. This is happening with both iPhone and iPad on IOS 7. The only time I can see new emails generated is by opening and going into the App, and then it will download all the new emails. All settings have been checked over and over.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 6:21 PM

75 replies

Sep 21, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Nosix

I wiped and reloaded everything with factory defaults, with fresh files from apples direct link, and icloud on my iPhone and iPad are still not pushing mail.

I tested using my wife's icloud account, and her mail and everything worked flawless in pushing new mail and updates.

This confirms the problem is unique to my specific account and/or specific icloud servers I'm using.

Anyone else reporting problems?

Sep 21, 2013 5:34 PM in response to HoustonTexan

I also followed a suggestion in another therad to create a secondary icloud mail account, add it to the mail accounts for the iPhone, then turn push off and back on again. However, I am only able to get push email working on the secondary iCloud account, not my original account. Also Push email is working in my original acount in the OSX mail client on my iMac. It only fails on my iDevices running iOS 7.

Sep 22, 2013 6:04 PM in response to Nosix

All, I have escalated my issue to Apple's Engineering team as well.

As a side note, I have tried setting up my icloud on all new hardware, and iCloud is still not pushing. This absolutely confirms there is a problem on the server side. The only downside is I have spent many hours trouble shooting my phone, resetting, etc.

Will post here any updates I get from the Engineering team as they troubleshoot.

Sep 25, 2013 4:15 AM in response to HoustonTexan

Add me to the list as well. My wife's account still gets push mail, but mine doesn't. It doesn't get it on any of my devices, including an ipad mini that is still on ios6. Absolutely has to be on the server side. I also have contacted apple and was told this would be sent to the engineers as well. I'm awaiting reply and will keep you posted.

Sep 25, 2013 8:06 AM in response to nicoleco

Spoke to Apple support yesterday and opened a case number. The lady explained that they are getting several calls about this issue and are aware that it is a server-side problem. Though she was unable to provide a fix, she did say we can rest assured that they are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. I believe her; she seemed to know exactly what my problem was before I even began to explain it. Looks like well just have to wait this one out. (For what it's worth, I recall this happening a year or two ago, and everything more or less just came back online automatically after a couple of weeks).

Hope this helps.

Sep 26, 2013 7:48 PM in response to Montague_

I called for an update today, and it it didn't go well at all. The Senior Advisor I have been speaking to seemed to forgot the discussion we had on the phone, and it looks like there is a huge miscommication between the tier 2 and tier 3. I asked to speak to a new Senior Advisor so I hope that this goes more smoothly. So far I have gotten no where with apple support.

Has anyone else had a response or gotten theirs to work yet?

Sep 28, 2013 12:29 PM in response to HoustonTexan

I had a similar problem on my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 with iOS 7. For me not only did iCloud mail not push, but neither did other iCloud services such as Reminders and Calendar.

I had the advantage of having a work iPhone 4S and iPad 3 so I was able to try various things with 4 devices to see if I could figure out my problem. After setting everything to my personal iCloud account the only thing that pushed correctly was the iPhone 4S. I tried everything such as deleting and reentering my iCloud settings, changing other settings to see what might happen, and totally resetting my devices and restoring them from their backups. Nothing worked.

I finally decided I had to try the nuclear option and totally reset my devices and not restore them from a backup. That's right, I set each one up as a new device. Of course, I lost a couple of game saves and had to reenter a bunch of settings but each device worked correctly after that. All 4 devices now work.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here. I hope Apple or someone comes up with a better solution than I did.

Sep 28, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Steve Gilbreath

Steve G, good to know you found something that worked. Regarding your solution, once you got the iCloud push working, did you try restoring from a backup after that. If that kills the push email, them it must be something about the configuration stored in the backup that causes the problem.

When time permits today I am going to try and restore /set up as new phone. If iCloud push works, then restore from backup - unless you have already tried this.

iCloud Push for Mail Still Not Working IOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.