Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot mirror to Apple TV after iOS 7 for 5s, 5, 5 and iPad

Hi,

I have issue connecting with Apple TV for mirror function.

My Apple TV version is MD 199LL/A, software version 6.0(6645.65), just updated yesterday.

Before I updated to 6.0, and updated my iPad (3rd gen), my iPhone 5, and iPhone 4 to iOS 7, all Apple TV function worked well. I can easily mirror iPhone 5 or iPad to my TV for playing Asphalt or other games, and can AirPlay video and play music. However, when I updated all these three devices to iOS 7 on 09/18, the Apple TV CANNOT mirror either device at all. I tried several times plugging and unplugging cables, still didn't help.

Then I found the Apple TV software update yesterday on 09/20, I updated the Apple TV to 6.0, and bought a new iPhone 5s, with iOS 7.0.1, but the mirror function still didn't work. I tried iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and iPad again with the updated Apple TV 6.0, none of them can be mirrored to the TV, though AirPlay function fully worked.

Are there anyone came across the same issue with the mirror function?

Thanks a lot!

AppleTV 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:28 AM

40 replies

Sep 24, 2013 2:43 PM in response to GrandSoar

Just to let you know guys,

I took my A,TV to work logged on to the wifi there which is BT Broadband and the A,TV worked fine, mirrored, remote app worked, the lot.

So the A,TV is fine :-)

Now I think this is a router problem at home. I rang O2 Broadband and they advised me that my router is a bit old and has older firmware ( level 3)

They said that they will send me FOC the latest router which might cure the problem as it has level 5 firmware as supposed to my old level 3 in my Thomson TG585N.

They also said that they have come across this problem before with compatibility but have not heard back from the customer once the item had been replaced. They will call me on friday to get my feedback.

I will let you know the outcome tomorrow as the new one is sitting on my desk at the office.

Might even be worth a try calling your ISP to get their opinion on changing the router to the latest model.

Andy

Sep 25, 2013 4:03 PM in response to GrandSoar

Hi,

Well I received a new router from O2 set it up to work on my computer then set up the wifi with the A,TV. I did tick in the box " send info to apple" on the settings in case they wanted feedback from the router and for an hour I still couldn't get connected with my iphone 5, pad3. iTunes etc

Restarted everything and it all started working.

Very strange, maybe it needed to settle a bit after installation.

I will try again tomorrow as it's 00:00 UK time Thursday 26th as I'm 95% sure this cured the issue.

So in this case it's a router issue with the firmware.

Have you tried or have the latest router?

My router is :

From O2

Sky Wireless Box 5

Model number: 1SKWBV5N

Regards

Cannot mirror to Apple TV after iOS 7 for 5s, 5, 5 and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.