Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem sending emails

i am having trouble sending emails, none of my devices work. Is there any issue with the server?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:25 PM

127 replies

Apr 11, 2014 4:15 AM in response to Csound1

I am using my icloud account.

I'm also having problems sending via the icloud webserver as the pages become unresponsive before I have enough time to write my email.

Having no problems with the internet in general - just icloud mail. Have just had the message pop up on my ipad 'The connection to the outgoing server "p04-smpt.mail.me.com" failed.

Any suggestions much appreciatedi

Apr 11, 2014 4:39 AM in response to BarryMcKelvey

BarryMcKelvey wrote:

Hi

Ive noticed Im having the same problem this morning. I can send emails via iPhone and iCloud Webpage but not from the Mac Mail Application. I can recieve email ok on the Mac Mail application. Im based in Northern Ireland, UK and my Service Provider is BT. Must be a problem at Apple's end?

Baz

You are the second BT user (at least) in this thread, and there are others in other threads. Maybe it is not Apple.

Go to System Preferences>iCloud, switch Mail off, restart your Mac, Go back to System Preferences>iCloud and switch Mail back on.

Apr 11, 2014 5:06 AM in response to ingrid_85

Same here:

when connected via EE 3G ISP, I can send mail via Gmail, BT and iCloud mail accounts;

when connected via BT Business ISP, I can send mail via Gmail and BT, but iCloud fails with the message:

Connections to the server “p04-smtp.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.

Inbound mail is fine in all cases.

Looks like SMTP blocked, but can't say for certain where the fault lies yet, could be iCloud or BT.

For those of you with this problem on BT, are you on the Business or domestic service?

Note added for clarification:

This all applies to Mac OS and iOS mail; using the iCloud web interface always works, so again, that points to SMTP being blocked.

Message was edited by: Dave4259

problem sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.