Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Logitech Spotlight does not work with Ventura

Logitech Spotlight presentation clicker does not work with Ventura. The next and previous slide buttons don't give any response. Running the device under Monterey runs smoothly. I believe that the bluetooth connection is the issue. If you connect the Spotlight to a Monterey mac it is recognised as a keyboard, if you connect it to Ventura it is recognised as a mouse - and the imitation of pressing the arrow right and arrow left buttons does not occur.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 3:01 PM

After spending a long time on this, I figured out it wasn't working because of permission issues inside of system settings. For me the fix was adding LogiPresentation to:

Privacy & Security > Input Monitoring

Privacy & Security > Accessibility

42 replies

Jun 2, 2023 12:07 AM in response to Signe Maten

Hi! Had this problem for weeks since buying new macbook pro. On old one everything worked. Was in contact with logitech support for weeks, all they asked was install/reinstall, give permissions. None worked. Even bought second presenter to check if old one is broken.

But i found this and all functions works (not thanks to logitech support):

-in accessibility tab: You have to REMOVE logipresentation

-then add with '+' find logipresentation in aps folder - but DO NOT ADD THIS ONE

-right click on logipresentation, 'show in finder', then right click on it again, 'show original'

-add this one

then all functions works, both with dongle and bluetooth.

cheers

Mar 26, 2023 10:59 AM in response to c6fyf

Logi Spotlight now working for me in Ventura after performing the following, missing any of these steps out will result in failure:

1 - When installing Logi Presentation allow Blue-Tooth, its required to identify the handheld device during the installation procedure

2 - Go through the setup and test procedure; charge the device, press forward, back and spotlight buttons

3 - Go to System Settings / Accessibility and allow access to the Logi Presentation device

4 - After installing Logi Presentation which downloaded from the Logitech website, you will be offered an update

5 - Click yes and Logi Presentation will update to version 2.00.43 and Spotlight will now work correctly

Apr 9, 2023 7:44 AM in response to professor_jwroberts

Bluetooth issues are usually resolved by removing the Logitech Spotlight entry in: Apple Menu > System Settings > Bluetooth, then reconnecting again.

The technically better connection is using Wireless with the USB Dongle fitted to the computer.

Bluetooth range is 10 meters, Wireless range is 30 meters.

We would never use Spotlight with Bluetooth.

I also use a MacBook Pro (13" 2017) running Monterey and Ventura and have never had connection issues with the wireless connection to Spotlight. We present to small groups in training situations, to several hundred at conferences. We must have a reliable remote control system and the Logitech Spotlight is the best remote we have ever used.

Connecting the wireless receiver is not an issue using the Apple USB-C to USB adapter:

Good luck

Apr 8, 2023 5:50 AM in response to Signe Maten

I can get it to work connecting with the dongle but not BlueTooth. What is the point of a $100 BlueTooth pointer (that Apple recommends) that will not connect via BlueTooth? This is especially true on those MacBook Pros like mine (16" MBP i9 (2019) running Ventura 13.2.1) with only USB-c/Thunderbolt ports with a dongle that is USB-a. It seems to me that this is a BlueTooth connectivity problem either on the Apple end or the Logitech end (possibly both too, I suppose). There has to be a better solution than use the dongle or have a paperweight.

Apr 19, 2023 4:50 AM in response to Signe Maten

I had this issue for months...Just figured out a way to make it work after reading some posts here ...

Basically, you are going to delete and add back LogiPresentation app in System Settings under 2 different locations and add them back.

Assuming you have the latest version of the app installed (at this time it is 2.00.43), try this. You can also run the LogiPresentation Uninstaller in Applications > Utilities but it may not delete everything in the Settings.

Find the LogiPresentation App. In Applications, an alias for Logitech Presentation is present. Select that, right click and choose show original.

LogiPresenation is found in HD>Library>Application Support>Logitech>LogiPresentation>

You can download the latest installer here.

Go to System Settings>Privacy & Security>Accessibility and select LogiPresentation (if it is there) and click on - to delete it. Then, click on + and add it back. You will navigate to where the app is located to add it back

9it may work just using the alias). Make sure the toggle is on.

If you need to, you can also go to System Settings>Privacy & Security>Bluetooth and select LogiPresentation (if it is there) and click on - to delete it. Then, click on + and add it back.

Run LogiPresentation and connect the Spotlight device to the computer via proper cables and use the dongle to connect.

You may get warning asking you if LogiPresentation can use Bluetooth. Accept.

Should work.

Logitech Spotlight does not work with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.