iOS update 17.1.2 killed the display of iPhone 13 mini

My iPhone 13 mini was working perfectly since its purchase in 8/Dec/2021, until I updated it to iOS 17.1.2 on 3/Dec/2023. It started showing multi-colored horizontal lines all across the screen right from the first boot after the update. Initially I thought that to be a software glitch and did a restart, but this time it started right from the apple logo itself.

I've contacted Apple support and followed the below steps:

• Force restart - No use
  • Device inspection from Apple authorized service center for any physical damages - No damage, not even a scratch found and they confirmed its a hardware issue triggered due to the update
  • Backup and restore using iCloud - No use
  • Backup and restore using Mac - No use
  • Re-install firmware - No use

I usually wait over 2 weeks or more before any update, but I did this immediately since @Apple highlighted to update immediately for security reasons, but it looks more of its classic way to scrap older devices so that people will buy new phones. Apple should take responsibility to fix this issue!!

PS: When I visited the service center, when I was there for about an hour 4 more customers came in for the same issue with their various iPhone 13 models.

What is the best way to get this to Apple's attention.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 10:06 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

iOS update 17.1.2 killed the display of iPhone 13 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.