Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper changes to default on restart

As seen in the screenshots, my wallpaper image changes to default after restart on my desktop but not the sign in page however, the Desktop & Screensaver settings show that I have that image selected as my wallpaper. I believe the issue is the fact that I'm using a 40' Samsung 5 Series smart tv as the monitor. I have a 2018 Mac mini running macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 3:32 AM

Do your desktop pictures reside on an external drive? I have my desktop pictures on an external USB drive and continuously had the same problem as you.

I copied some of my desktop pictures to my user (home) folder and I have not had any issues with the desktop picture reverting to default.

--->Robert

8-)

2 replies

Wallpaper changes to default on restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.