Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic case

Has anyone found a suitable case for the ipod classic?

Posted on Sep 6, 2007 12:00 PM

41 replies

Sep 6, 2007 12:12 PM in response to stuwill86

I think I might buy a case this time. Normally I don't like cases. I like have good tactile feel of devices (especially cell phones) that I have. Secondly, cases make devices thicker. Also, many cases get in the way of some part of the controls even if the case is designed to allow full and clear access of to controls. I also have issues with screen protectors, mostly the loss of screen/color contrast.

I think I justed wrote may way out of getting a case. 🙂

Enjoy life!
Steven

Sep 10, 2007 10:46 AM in response to Simon Long

I replaced my 80gb 5.5gen with a new 160gb Classic, however the leather case is too large and the classic slides out. This maybe because the leather has streached slightly to fit the old 80gb but it is totally useless for protecting the new 160gb.

So beware if you are hoping to use your old 80gb leather case ( the best case you can get for your ipod in my opinion) because it might not fit.

I would be interested to hear from anyone has purchased a new leather case for a 160gb Classic, does a new one fit nice and snug?

Sep 20, 2007 5:56 AM in response to stuwill86

Hi recently upgraded to a 160gb classic from a 60gb Ipod Photo and was in the market for a new case. After looking at the Ipod specification page on this website I took a chance on a case made for the Ipod Video models as the measurements were out by two millimetres in depth according to the spec. I bought a Griffin centerstage. The case comes with two backings, one for a 30gb Video model and another for the 60gb/80gb Video version. The 80gb case fits my 160 Classic perfectly
with absolutely no gaps or slippage. A Perfect fit.

Sep 20, 2007 6:16 AM in response to stuwill86

I have the ipod classic 80 gig.

I picked up a body glove case that fits great - nice tight fit, and a plastic window over the screen & click wheel. However - I think the plastic may be too thick - the click wheel operation is difficult. . . I have to press fairly hard to get it to work with the case on. I do like the fit, and there's a belt clip (yes, I'm a geek) - and even a prop-up option on the clip (so you can set it on a desk and see the screen).

Not bad - and under $20. I just don't like the plastic on the click. I'll have to see if its worth it after some time. . .

Sep 20, 2007 8:58 AM in response to stuwill86

I have an iSkin eVo3 for my old 60GB video and i tried putting my new 160 GB into it and it kinda fit alright for the most part (95%). It felt like my iPod lost a couple of pounds. I realized that it went from .55 inches thick to .53 so it is for a fact just a tiny bit smaller than the old 60 and 80GB. I went ahead and ordered a new iskin eVo3 limited edition for it, but the slight difference in size has me second guessing just a little bit, but i guess it's because i really liked the iSkins and wanted to hurry up and protect my ipod asap.

Sep 20, 2007 1:19 PM in response to stuwill86

Last summer I bought a Body Glove case at Walmart. It was designed for a 5G IPod and I was hoping it would fit my 30GB Photo at the time. It did but I had to cut the case at the top since the 30GB had the controls in differant places then the 5G. Other than that it fit. I tried that same case on my 160GB Classic and it fits, I just wish I wouldn't have cut the case now. I'm not sure if they still have that case at Walmart but you can try. It was like $30 and came with some headphones that were junk.

ipod classic case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.