Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone (SDK) Developer Forum

Is there a developer forum for the iPhone SDK/native apps?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Mar 7, 2008 10:44 AM

33 replies

Mar 7, 2008 12:21 PM in response to Brian Hernacki

There are tons of resource that Apple provides for developers, including for the iPhone and undoubtedly more will be forthcoming. The only thing I can see that Microsoft provides that Apple does not are discussions forums. Membership in the iPhone developer program does, however, provide code-level technical support from Apple's engineers (though I do not know to what extent - number of incidents, etc. - the support runs).

Mar 7, 2008 12:57 PM in response to Brian Postow

The iPhone is a very different beast than other OSX technologies. Just look at the average demeanor in other forums compared to this one. How many posts a day do we get here demanding MMS? A dozen or so?

I don't disagree that the forum is a good idea. I just think that having it here would mean that no real developer gets any use out of it.

Mar 7, 2008 1:13 PM in response to Brian Hernacki

Hi, i didnt know which group/topic that best suited my question so i just picked this one since my question is very basic
-Why doesnt SDK work on windows?

Mar 7, 2008 5:49 PM in response to Ansuz82

Why is there a Safari, Itunes and Quicktime for windows when you issue an sdk just for "INTEL MAC LEOPARD"? is it their method to physically limit the number of people that can use that **** sdk? or oh they dont have time and resources to make an sdk for other OSs but they still want them as iphone customers! And what with that VC iFund thingy? So the rest of us shall just watch and wait for Santa to give us shinyg apps? Life is too short to be wasted waiting for apple updates. To distribute Music and Videos at a price is something? even, with batteries I managed to accept the idea of sending back the iphone to replace batteries. but to ask me to wait for their permission to acknowledge this interesting technology that is the iphone is just like me having a bricked one already in my hands, especially when I know what is possible to do with it.

iPhone (SDK) Developer Forum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.