Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BlueAnt Supertooth 3 transfer contacts address book to 3g iphone

What is the trick to transfer your 3g iPhone contacts to the BlueAnt Supertooth 3? It always fails. It say that transfer or phone is not supported. I can't figure out how to transfer manually. Please help! Thanks in advance.

3G iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2008 10:20 AM

48 replies

Jul 29, 2008 8:42 PM in response to rodlebod

I just bought the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 today and have been trying to figure out how to get the contacts from Address Book to it. I figured the best way would be to connect to the Supertooth 3 through the built-in BlueTooth in my iMac. So after resetting the device (holding the volume + button and the GREEN button while it is OFF), I pressed the green button and it prompted me for the language choice and then a device to pair it with. This is where I opened the BlueTooth assistant in System Preferences. connected the same way using 0000 for the passcode. Once connected I opened Address Book, selected a single contact and exported a vCard to my desktop. Lastly I sent the vCard to the paired device through the BlueTooth menu (located near the clock, highlight the device and choose SEND FILE) the device voiced that it had accepted one contact.

Thought I'd pass that on and I haven't tried anything further.

Good luck.

Jul 30, 2008 11:34 PM in response to Community User

I have tried the procedure as suggested above, and unfortunately can confirm that it doesn't work.

Although I can transfer contacts to the ST3 from my Mac (or from a Nokia), it appears that the contacts are stored only with that phone's pairing, so when it is paired with the iPhone 3G it doesn't recognise the contacts and still reads out the number instead of the name.

The only thing I can think that might work is trying to trick the ST3 into pairing with another device "pretending" to be the iPhone, but that's outside of my technical skills.

From reading elsewhere, this appears to be an issue with the iPhone 2.0 software, so hopefully it will be fixed in 2.1 (ie. an iPhone with 1.1.4 works, but if it has been upgraded to 2.0 it no longer works)

Evidently this is causing issues with built-in BMW bluetooth as well.

If anybody finds a trick to get it to work, I'd be keen to know. It was one of the selling points for me for the ST3 over less expensive options - but on the bright side, I'm getting to know people's numbers again, as it reads them out 🙂

Aug 26, 2008 2:22 AM in response to tim.jeffries

Please sort this out Apple guys. We buy all this technology for it's features and i'd hate to think I just spent $150 on a voice activated, text to speech bluetooth that i'll only be able to use on a basic level just because it won't allow my contacts to be transferred!

If they can send a man to the moon surely it can't be that hard to work this out?!

Sep 20, 2008 4:52 PM in response to rodlebod

Different folks are reporting quite different experiences in uploading their contacts from their iPhone to the ST3. Let's try to narrow down the possibilities...

My experience with my 1st gen iPhone (running 1.1.3) was that a brand new ST3 uploaded my contacts fine upon first connection.

When I then upgraded my iPhone software to 2.1 and (therefore had to) re-setup the connection with the ST3, the contacts refuse to upload. I've unpaired/re-paired numerous times with no luck.

The fact that others seem to have successfully uploaded contacts on iPhones running 2.1 though is interesting.

Can anyone confirm that they have successfully uploaded contacts on a 1st gen iPhone running 1.x, then upgraded to 2.x and re-uploaded their contacts to the same ST3??

Are people who are having issues uploading using a brand-new ST3 or one that has had contacts uploaded to it previously??

I'm thinking of returning my ST3 to exchange it for another new unit and try that...

Oct 3, 2008 4:30 PM in response to rodlebod

Not the best one but here goes.

Just try a few times to re-import the contacts. It will either work or it won't. He told me that the older version of the software worked and that this is a problem with the new software from Apple. Hopefully they will update it to work, In the mean time this was a suggestion.

Grab your old bluetooth phone and update the contacts. Once the contacts are updated pair it with the BlueAnt. Budda Bing, Budda Bang. Contacts updated.

At least that's what I was told.

BlueAnt Supertooth 3 transfer contacts address book to 3g iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.