Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG Env Touch VX11000 and iSync...no support?

My new LG Env Touch VX11000 recognizes iSync Bluetooth in 10.5.7 and my Mac finds my EnvTouch. However iSync says it does not support the LG VX11000. Whats up with that? What does Apple need in order to support the LG Touch. How hard could it be?

2009 Mac Mini 2.0, 4GB, 120GB w/ WD Studio 320, 2009 Mac Pro Quad 2.93, Mac OS X (10.5.7), Mac Book 2007, iTouch 2, iMac DV SE 400 10.3.9, Quadra 650

Posted on Jun 27, 2009 5:34 PM

16 replies

Jun 28, 2009 12:51 AM in response to JohnBarrett

The problem is with the phone, not iSync.

Phones need to support the industry-standard SyncML protocol for syncing. Hundreds of phones by manufacturers such as Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung & Motorola do. Unfortunately, LG have not bothered to implement this industry standard in their phones (except one - the LG KM900 Arena), so without that iSync support is impossible.

Complain to LG, as they're just going to fall further and further behind other manufacturers by not implementing industry standards.

Your only workaround is to send vCards exported from Address Book to the phone via Bluetooth. However this is not syncing, just a one-way copy.

Jun 28, 2009 6:39 PM in response to JohnBarrett

JohnBarrett,

I had similar feelings about iSync and LG when I bought a the LG vx8500 White Chocolate phone two years ago. While there is no iSync run-around, there is a way to sync your phone with your mac. The program BitPim can be used to sync wallpapers, ringtones, and contacts to LG phones. It aint pretty and it can be glitchy. I'm not sure if they have updated for the LG env Touch, seeing as it was just released. I hope it works for you, I’m about to purchase the Touch as well.

You can find BitPim here: http://osx.iusethis.com/search?q=bitpim

Hope this Helps.

Jul 2, 2009 6:17 AM in response to JohnBarrett

JohnBarrett,

I received my env Touch two days ago and have been able to successfully use BitPim to send photos to it.

The following forum discussion roughly walked me through the process of setting up BitPim for the Touch: http://cellphoneforums.net/lg-env/t298673-problem-using-bitpim-env-touch.html

You first have to go under "Settings" then "USB Auto Detection." Select "modem mode." Then connect the phone with your mac using the cable. Fire up BitPim and open preferences. Select "LG-VX10000" as the phone type. Click on the "Browse" radio button, let BitPim search for your phone, should be quick and select the port that your phone shows a connection to. After doing so I see the following in my com port: "usb::005::003-1004-6000-02-00::2"

With those settings I have been able to send ringtones to my phone through the USB cable. I wouldn't recommend trying to send your contacts over through BitPim though. After attempting to do so I could no longer enter any contacts manually on the phone as it would not allow me to save! Plus the contacts from BitPim never showed up either. In order to fix this I had to reset my phone to the factory default and activate it again with Verizon.

So for now I'm just entering the contacts manually and sending ringtones to the phone with BitPim. I've also paired the Touch to my mac and can send songs and pictures to it over bluetooth. This works really well, much better than my old Chocolate.

We will probably have to wait for an update to BitPim before we can 'safely' sync our contacts with the Touch.

I hope this helps!

Jul 2, 2009 10:30 AM in response to infantry of YHWH

Thanks. I think I'll wait for the BitPim update before trying to take full advantage of it with my VX11000. I'm able to transfer images using the SD card, so that's cool.

Just out of curiosity, how are you able to send images and music via Bluetooth? My Mac reconizes my LG Touch but of course iSync says it is not compatible with the VX11000.

LG Env Touch VX11000 and iSync...no support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.