Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't turn on...

I turned off my iPad and went to turn it on again right away because I wanted to check something. The **** thing will not turn on. Even if I hook it up to my Mac or power cable the charging screen will not start nor will iTunes start. The battery was at about 50%. The iPad is DEAD!! Does anyone know what is wrong or how I can power it back on. Its not reacting to anything I do.

iPad

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2010 10:00 AM

Hello, welcome to Apple Discussions.

Try holding the sleep/wake button (top right) and the home button (bottom center) for about 10 seconds. If that doesn't work then try doing the same procedure with it plugged into a power source.

If that doesn't work then try this article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
(it only says iPhone and iPod Touch but the process for the iPad is the same)
102 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2010 10:00 AM in response to Zeronious

Hello, welcome to Apple Discussions.

Try holding the sleep/wake button (top right) and the home button (bottom center) for about 10 seconds. If that doesn't work then try doing the same procedure with it plugged into a power source.

If that doesn't work then try this article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808
(it only says iPhone and iPod Touch but the process for the iPad is the same)

Jun 29, 2010 12:34 PM in response to sirfaba

I've had my iPad for slightly under 24 hours and have had to reset (with wake/sleep and home button) twice now. Is this a common issue? I thought Apple's OS was supposed to be more robust, and this looks a heck of a lot like the old Blue Screen of Death in Windows. It does seem to happen when the battery meter gets down to around 30% - is the indicator just not accurate?

Jul 6, 2010 12:24 PM in response to sirfaba

Hi
Same problem over here with a slight difference: I can hardly see what's on screen. The iPad is working, but you can't see anything. If you hold it at a certain angle, you can see whats on screen but its very difficult. My iPad had worked fine for about 2 weeks.
I tried everything thats on this post, and each time i restore it nothing changes. Basically no display, but you can use it and hear the clicks and other sounds.
It looks like its something more related to the hardware, or firmware.
Any thoughts on this?

Jul 12, 2010 12:37 PM in response to BassLass

Mine is not in a silicon skin, just a case similar to the apple case for iPad. It did freeze yesterday and I had to do a reboot (wake/sleep button & home) then, and about 24 hours later wouldn't turn on, had to do it again. Scared me to death...that much money for only a month or so of use?? Working now, but...when will it strike again. It's bad enough my iPods started doing this, and my old iPhone! What UP!?

Sep 27, 2010 4:41 AM in response to Zeronious

I came in last night and my iPad wouldn't switch on. I assume the battery was flat so put it on charge overnight. Woke up this morning - it still wouldn't power on.

I followed the steps on here - hold both buttons in for 10 seconds and it came back to life! Thanks so much for posting this - saved me a trip the Apple Store.

iPad won't turn on...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.