Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video recording without sound error (iphone 4)

My video recordings have no sound. I´m not keeping any mic shut. I´m just hearing a loud swoosh if I check my recorded videos. Is it a software bug or do I have to visit my local dealer?

Thx
Aston

iphone 4, iOS 4, 32GB

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 8:55 AM

I have the same problem but not all the time. Out of 10 clips one may not have sound. Havent found the source of the problem yet.
40 replies

Jul 25, 2010 9:41 PM in response to Aston71!

Other threads on this issue have resulted in phones being replaced at the Apple Store.

I'm having the same issue. Here is what I've tried that did not resolve the problem:

1. Restarted the phone.
2. Reset the settings.
3. Restore to factory settings.

After #3 I tested before putting my apps and data back on the device and then after I did that... nothing fixed the problem.

Going into the Apple Store tomorrow morning with an appointment to see what they can do.

Dave

Mar 1, 2011 7:47 PM in response to Aston71!

I was having this problem today. I would record video, but would not hear the sound. I made sure my volume was turned up. I could not record audio either with the native voice app. I was able to record my voice using the MosesNotes app.

With nothing to lose, I did a restore on my iPhone. Restored last night's backup and now I can record video with audio.

May 1, 2011 7:15 PM in response to Aston71!

I've never had any problems with my video recording until recently i discovered that the audio captured during video recording is extremely soft, close to nothing. The mic works in every other app, like voice recording, normal voice calls and even speakerphone. I wonder why there is only a problem with video recording. Anyone can help?

Running ios 4.3.1 all this while w/o any glitch until now.

May 13, 2011 5:50 PM in response to Aston71!

I had this same problem -- *very* faint audio when recording video. This sounds silly, but here's what worked for me. There are two microphones on the phone. One at the bottom and one pinhole microphone at the top by the earphone jack. My phone had a tiny, tiny spec of dust in the top microphone hole. By *very* gently brushing it out with a needle, the microphone was clear again and videos again have crystal clear audio. The difference is akin to plugging your own ear. There's faint sound, but a world of difference when you clear it out.

Video recording without sound error (iphone 4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.