Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Many of my sounds are greyed out

Hello...

TOTALLY new Logic user here. Apologize if this is a basic question.

A lot of my sounds are greyed out in my library. There is a download button next to them when I click it they download fine and seem to work. Why are so many missing? Why are they not already installed? Is there a better way to add them then clicking them on a time?

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 6, 2018 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 3:25 PM

When you install Logic, normally it just downloads and installs "Essential sounds" library on the first launch. If you're not OK with constantly downloading the sounds, most of the library can be downloaded and installed using the Sound Library Manager: Logic Pro X > Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager.

Starting with Logic 10.4.2 there's also an option to relocate the entire library to an external HD. It's very useful if your system drive doesn't have a lot of space (especially in case your Mac came with a 128 GB storage). However, the library cannot be relocated to a drive which was designated as a Time Machine backup drive. After you relocate the library, you can still keep downloading and installing the missing sounds, and they will be installed to external drive.

If you're using an earlier version of Logic (10.4.1 and earlier), please, check out this article about library relocation: https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2018 3:25 PM in response to Fraky

When you install Logic, normally it just downloads and installs "Essential sounds" library on the first launch. If you're not OK with constantly downloading the sounds, most of the library can be downloaded and installed using the Sound Library Manager: Logic Pro X > Sound Library > Open Sound Library Manager.

Starting with Logic 10.4.2 there's also an option to relocate the entire library to an external HD. It's very useful if your system drive doesn't have a lot of space (especially in case your Mac came with a 128 GB storage). However, the library cannot be relocated to a drive which was designated as a Time Machine backup drive. After you relocate the library, you can still keep downloading and installing the missing sounds, and they will be installed to external drive.

If you're using an earlier version of Logic (10.4.1 and earlier), please, check out this article about library relocation: https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

Many of my sounds are greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.