Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relocate Sound Library ( Greyed Out )

hello

not sure why but " Relocate sound Library " is greyed out , Ive reinstalled the library completely and still the issue persist.. Any Ideas ??? All libraries appear to be installed in the Sound Library Manager. What am I missing ? Thanks in Advanced

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 9:24 PM

I thought in my case it was greyed out because some time ago I had relocated the /Library/Audio and /Library/Application Support/Logic folders to an external drive and pointed to them with symbolic links. That's been working fine (as long as I remember to have the drive mounted, of course).

I only looked after thinking I might put everything back where it belongs and relocate what it will with this new functionality.

Anyway, I just noticed that hovering over the greyed out menu item yields this info:

User uploaded file

Funny, everything works, and the Sound Library Manager shows everything installed. 😕

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2018 9:24 PM in response to Radarhus

I thought in my case it was greyed out because some time ago I had relocated the /Library/Audio and /Library/Application Support/Logic folders to an external drive and pointed to them with symbolic links. That's been working fine (as long as I remember to have the drive mounted, of course).

I only looked after thinking I might put everything back where it belongs and relocate what it will with this new functionality.

Anyway, I just noticed that hovering over the greyed out menu item yields this info:

User uploaded file

Funny, everything works, and the Sound Library Manager shows everything installed. 😕

Relocate Sound Library ( Greyed Out )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.