Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Relocate Sound Library" can't even click on it

Hey there,

I got the same problem as many others too, I just can't click on "Relocate Sound Library" (as you see in the picture) I deleted the SymLink, which was on my Desktop and my external Hard drive, formatted the Hard Drive to APFS (and the other thing too, didn't work either), selected "No" when they asked me about the function as Time Machine backup, reinstalled Logic, formatted my Hard drive like 6 times, I'm just frustrated by now. I was waiting so long for this!

Thank you for your answers,

Burak

Posted on Dec 18, 2018 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2018 10:25 AM

Thank you very much for your answer! I randomly found the solution for the problem (maybe helpful for others):

Although I deleted every previous SymLink File of Garageband and Logic there was somehow still one GarageBand SymLink left hiding somewhere in the Library/Application Support/Logic folder. After deleting that it all worked fine! But thank you anyway for your respond :)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2018 10:25 AM in response to Radarhus

Thank you very much for your answer! I randomly found the solution for the problem (maybe helpful for others):

Although I deleted every previous SymLink File of Garageband and Logic there was somehow still one GarageBand SymLink left hiding somewhere in the Library/Application Support/Logic folder. After deleting that it all worked fine! But thank you anyway for your respond :)

Dec 19, 2018 8:07 AM in response to burak128

This might seem trivial, but have you rebooted the Mac? Also, check if any library content is still sitting somewhere in the external drive.

Try relocating the library manually: https://www.logicprohelp.com/move-logics-additional-content-secondary-drive/

What you'll need is to create three symbolic links for these folders (AFTER moving them to a folder on an external drive):

[Your system HD name]/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple

[Your system HD name]/Library/Application Support/Logic

[Your system HD name]/Library/Application Support/GarageBand (if you have legacy library content installed)

Symbolic links are supposed to REPLACE the above folders, so careful when moving data around. Better make a reserve copy of the library contents as well.

"Relocate Sound Library" can't even click on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.