Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out Sound library relocation options

This happened after I accidentally plugged in my backup external hdd instead of my Logic Pro X ext sound library hdd. When I opened Logic, it wanted to download extra files for the project that I opened, which I allowed, thinking that there were new sound library files available. What actually happened then was that the files were downloaded to my computer. Because Time Machine does not like sound library to be in the same drive, it greyed out this drive and defaulted to saving all library sound to the computer and now I cannot alter this. The next day, I noticed that I had used the wrong ext hdd and then plugged in the correct ext sound library hdd. However when I opened a project, Logic continued to download library files to my computer instead. I went to the sound library manager and went into library location options. This is when I found that the options have been greyed out. How can I fix this please?

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:45 AM

What you describe is the expected behavior.

You can try:

Quit Logic (Command-Q).

On the external drive: Rename or delete the Library folder.

Start Logic.

Open the Library Manager. Better?

WD

Similar questions

2 replies

Greyed out Sound library relocation options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.