Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should Siri on Home Pod recognize the name of a playlist suggested by Apple Music

Just got a Home Pod and am testing out Apple Music. In browsing Playlists suggested by Apple Music I found one titled Classic Rock which I wanted to play. So I asked Siri to play playlist Classic Rock. I got Beethoven classical music. So I tried play Classic Rock and Siri played Classic Rock Essentials.

I have had success getting Siri to play my playlists, and asking for general content that Siri then finds some content to play (e.g. Smooth Jazz). So I thought this should work.

My questions are:

1. Should I expect that Siri will recognize the name of a playlist that Apple Music has suggested for me?
  2. Is there a special syntax I should be using?
  3. Is there a way to ask Siri questions to figure out what it knows?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2018 5:13 AM

1. Not necessarily.
  2. Try "Hey Siri, play playlist <name of playlist>".
  3. Try "Hey Siri, what can I ask you?", or simply experiment. See https://www.igeeksblog.com/siri-commands-for-homepod/ for some examples.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Should Siri on Home Pod recognize the name of a playlist suggested by Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.