Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't Siri on HomePod mini recognize my playlists in Apple Music

When I first got my HomePod minis, it was nice being able to ask Siri to play my "French", or my "Korean" playlist. These are the names of two of my playlists. Now, now matter what playlist I ask for such as:

"Hey Siri play my French playlist" I get an answer like this:

"I couldn't find 'French' in your Apple Music library. You can ask me to play a radio station, or ask for your music on a different app."

Ironic that Siri is offering to play from another app.

In fact, asking this question of siri ONLY works on my iPhone. I get the same poor response when I use Siri on my Mac. Funny thing is that I CREATE the playlists on my mac, but can't play them with Siri. I CAN play the named playlist from my iPhone.

Siri on homepod is nearly useless. I can sometimes get my homekit lights to work. If I ask a question that would require an internet search on the homepod, instead of answering, Siri always says she found results on the internet but can only display them if I ask again from my iPhone. Apple devices have so much more computing capacity than Amazon echos, but Alexa can do ALL of this. Alexa can even play my Apple Music.. That's sad.

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 1:00 PM

Home app > Long press on HomePod > Accessory Details > Scroll down to Gear icon and tap icon or scroll more > Music & Podcasts > Primary User > Sign Out.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Why doesn't Siri on HomePod mini recognize my playlists in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.