Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Siri and playlists

I've been having trouble with Siri on my HomePod honoring requests to play certain playlists. For example, if I say "Hey Siri, shuffle my Truck Tunes play list", the response is that I don't have a playlist named truck tunes (which I do because it's all my kids want to listen to). Somehow, my 6 year old found out that if you say "Hey Siri, turn on shuffle with Truck Tunes", that works though. What is the deal? Anyone else having similar problems? I'm going to file a bug report with Apple as well.

HomePod, 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:02 AM

Things got worse after the latest update (13.4.6) to the point where the HomePod wouldn't play anything requested. If I said "hey Siri play music", that would work and start playing a random song from my library. If I then requested the exact song it was playing, it would say that it wasn't in my library. So I called support and after about 45 minutes of troubleshooting (including resetting the HomePod again, and it acting very strangely) and escalating the the next level, we finally got it working by changing the language from US to UK on the HomePod and my iPhone (might not be necessary on the iPhone) and back again. Hopefully other people find this useful.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 10:02 AM in response to Zachary

Things got worse after the latest update (13.4.6) to the point where the HomePod wouldn't play anything requested. If I said "hey Siri play music", that would work and start playing a random song from my library. If I then requested the exact song it was playing, it would say that it wasn't in my library. So I called support and after about 45 minutes of troubleshooting (including resetting the HomePod again, and it acting very strangely) and escalating the the next level, we finally got it working by changing the language from US to UK on the HomePod and my iPhone (might not be necessary on the iPhone) and back again. Hopefully other people find this useful.

Apr 23, 2020 2:28 PM in response to QuickPost

iTunes Match, thanks. I've seen several posts were people say that having different Apple ID accounts from your iCloud account can cause issues, (which is my scenario; been with iTunes since day 1), but it seems like the problem is not syncing of data, playlists, etc., since I can make Siri play the specific playlist by using some strange phrasing (vide supra). The issue appears to be something with the way Siri parses the request depending on how it is phrased. It's very strange.

Problems with Siri and playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.