Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to ask Siri to play genre's like Rock, Country, 80's on any HomePod running 14.4

Prior to 14.4 as a user I was able to ask Siri to play on any device that Siri was on to play "Hey Siri, play 80's music" or "Hey Siri, Play Country Music". I am unable to do this anymore. Called in to Apple Support and they were able to reproduce the issue. Only way to play certain music is to be very specific when asking Siri. Now I have to say "Hey Siri, play 80's alternative music." If you don't know how specific you need to be then nothing will play or Siri will say unable to find in Apple Music. Was told to submit feedback to Apple as they said this was new in 14.4 and I needed to ask for it to go back. Anyone else having this issue with asking Siri on Homepods on 14.4? Try this as an example. "Hey Siri, play rock music" I get a reply back saying "I am unable to find on Apple Music"

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 2:53 AM

HomePod OS 14.5 is out now so hopefully that’s fixed it? I just tested these types of commands and it did work for me.

Similar questions

2 replies

Unable to ask Siri to play genre's like Rock, Country, 80's on any HomePod running 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.