Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't get "Choose iTunes Library" prompt window, when I hit "option" key and launch iTunes at the same time (doing this as a part of the process of relocating itunes library to an sd card on Mac)

Hi,

When I click on "option" key and launch iTunes, it just opens iTunes, I don't get the prompt window "Choose iTunes Library". What is wrong and is there another way to get to that window. I just need to complete the process of relocating my iTunes Library to an external sd card.

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 7:33 PM

Press and hold down option as you click the icon to launch iTunes. Keep holding the key down until the option to choose or create a library is presented. If iTunes opens normally close it and try again.

I'm not sure the current version of iTunes likes the library to be stored on an SD card, although that might only be an issue under Mojave.

tt2

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2018 7:33 PM in response to mahayasikorsky

Press and hold down option as you click the icon to launch iTunes. Keep holding the key down until the option to choose or create a library is presented. If iTunes opens normally close it and try again.

I'm not sure the current version of iTunes likes the library to be stored on an SD card, although that might only be an issue under Mojave.

tt2

I don't get "Choose iTunes Library" prompt window, when I hit "option" key and launch iTunes at the same time (doing this as a part of the process of relocating itunes library to an sd card on Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.