Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move my iTunes library to another drive

I have tried to move my iTunes library to another drive on the same PC by going to edit, preferences, advanced, iTunes media folder location, change but the folder location always reverts to C:\Users\myname\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media. I have ensured that the keep media folder organised and copy files to itunes media folder are ticked and I have ensured that file, library, organise, consolidate file has been checked. I have copied the full library to the drive I wish to use and identified that site in the change location box and I have fully deleted the library from the original drive but itunes ignores the new setting and invariably reverts to C:\Users\myname\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media. What can I do to move the library to the new drive and ensure that iTunes usess only the new drive?

Many thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 12:03 PM

Many thanks.

It worked perfectly. Having already copied iTunes to another disc, all I needed to do was open itunes while holding down shift, identify the new liubary file and my new itunes folder was recognised and has remained so. I have since deleted the itunes folders from my system drive and regained 144 gigs and itunes is still using the new library. So Simple! Many thanks. I am truly indebted to you.

MDJ

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 12:03 PM in response to turingtest2

Many thanks.

It worked perfectly. Having already copied iTunes to another disc, all I needed to do was open itunes while holding down shift, identify the new liubary file and my new itunes folder was recognised and has remained so. I have since deleted the itunes folders from my system drive and regained 144 gigs and itunes is still using the new library. So Simple! Many thanks. I am truly indebted to you.

MDJ

How can I move my iTunes library to another drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.