Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why sharing music is so **** hard on my products?

So, normally you would just put the music/playlist on the cloud and you can log in to your account on another apple product and just listen to it. Now, you can't. IAW apple.com, i have to leave a master system on/running at all times, create a "home share" and then my apple tv can play the playlist I wanted to share. However, even after doing this and even picking ONE (1) playlist, my entire library is shared on the apple TV. When to close my laptop and pack it up for a trip i need to take and the sharing stopped!!! So my family can not listen to the shared playlist with out me leaving my laptop at home, turned on, running. Completely worthless. The ONLY good this is for is making the customers PAY for "apple music" to do what we used to be able to do before apple music online launched.

Turn back on icloud playlist sharing so we can use the product the way WE want too. you already gotten over $3k from us, you are not getting anymore monthly fees. Just the fees of the movies and music I want to play.

If someone has a better way other then Home Sharing and having a dead master computer running all the time or paying for Apple Music just to share ONE play list on the apple TV, I'm all ears. Again, IAW apple support, there is no more other options. Buy another apple product and spend money to run it, or pay a monthly fee.

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 9, 2018 3:50 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 12, 2018 9:48 PM in response to canosgmk1

The iCloud Music Library does require a subscription. It doesn’t have to be an Apple Music subscription per se; this would also work with the iTunes Match service (at just ~21% of the cost).

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

Home Sharing is all about connecting to computers on your local area network. So any shared content needs to stay at the home location for this to work. Your family may want to have this content copied to a different device, when you take the notebook with you.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support

why sharing music is so **** hard on my products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.