Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need a Family Plan to switch music playing back and forth between of my devices?

Hi,

I have an iPhone and an iPad which are using the same Apple ID and surely sharing the same Music subscription.

Every time I playing Music on my iPhone and I move to/pick up my iPad and play another song, the device will popup some message likes “Multiple devices are trying to blah blah...” and advises me to buy the Family Plan for Music. This is really really annoying, poor experience.

Why? This does not make sense at all. My devices, my id and my subscription, why do you require me to buy/upgrade the subscription for this a very simple and understandable task?

I just want to play Music on whichever device I have with the same id. I do know the Family Plan is a must if I want to share to someone/some id else.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:33 AM

Hi Samdx,

To sync Music across all your devices that share the same Apple ID, go to settings, then scroll down until you find Music, tap on it then make sure the Sync library option is turned on. Check for this option on both iPhone and iPad and you should be able to use Music on both devices. You can also try to sign out from your Apple ID on both iPhone and iPad then sign in again.

If the problem is still occurring, contact with Apple Support team from this website https://support.apple.com/en-gb, and you will find an answer to any concerns you might have.

Have a Good Day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 10:33 AM in response to samdx

Hi Samdx,

To sync Music across all your devices that share the same Apple ID, go to settings, then scroll down until you find Music, tap on it then make sure the Sync library option is turned on. Check for this option on both iPhone and iPad and you should be able to use Music on both devices. You can also try to sign out from your Apple ID on both iPhone and iPad then sign in again.

If the problem is still occurring, contact with Apple Support team from this website https://support.apple.com/en-gb, and you will find an answer to any concerns you might have.

Have a Good Day!

Why do I need a Family Plan to switch music playing back and forth between of my devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.