Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Iphone cant be restored

My Iphone 6s plus is disabled, when i put it into recovery mode and connect it to itunes to restore and update, it gives me the message "waiting for iphone" and gets stuck or says error 4005.

Itunes 12.8.0.150

anyone knows what to do from this point ?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 1:43 AM

Did you already try these suggestions?

If you can update, but your device starts up in recovery mode, follow the steps above again. On step 4, choose Restore instead of Update. After the restore completes, you need to set up your device from a backup.
If you continue to see an error during the update:
Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
Try to restore your device on another computer.
If you continue to see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

copied from: If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2018 1:43 AM in response to 3badiiz

Did you already try these suggestions?

If you can update, but your device starts up in recovery mode, follow the steps above again. On step 4, choose Restore instead of Update. After the restore completes, you need to set up your device from a backup.
If you continue to see an error during the update:
Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
Try to restore your device on another computer.
If you continue to see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

copied from: If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

Disabled Iphone cant be restored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.