Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download old iTunes purchases.

I recently upgraded to an IPhone 8 Plus. When setting up my new phone I restored my Apple ID which loaded all my apps, messages, photos ect as normal however a lot of my music has been lost.

Some songs I could see were available to re-download direct in the Music app, however were still missing.

I have since searched some albums and songs that are missing (that I purchased in the past) on iTunes in the hope that I can simply re-download them from there as it will know if I have paid for them. However, when finding a song it is labelled as ‘Purchased’ - and I am no able to re-download it nor can I find it anywhere on the Music app or anywhere else on my phone.

Any ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 10, 2018 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2018 12:47 AM

If they are not showing for redownloading : Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

check to see if you've hidden them from there : Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to download old iTunes purchases.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.