Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured) iPhone not connecting to iTunes

Hi,

I downloaded Itunes 12.6.5 yesterday (previously using 12.6.3). Ever since I have done that my Mac does not recognize any IOS devices (Iphone, Ipad etc).

I have an iphone and its ios version is 11.x

The IOS devices are all charging. However, they are not recognized in iTunes and doesn't open the app (and Photos) when plugged.

I tested all USB ports with USB Flash drives and all worked correctly.

I tried restarting my computer and IOS devices (master resets). I also tried removing Itunes and reinstalling.

I also tried resinstalling Itunes 12.6.3 still having the same issue.

Updating to Itunes 12.8 is not an option for me since i'm still using the App Store.

I am on a macbook pro mid 2012 OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

Any help is appreciated. and its urgent as I need to back up my iphone soon

thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 11:48 AM

iOS 12 requires iTunes 12.8 or better running on OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support to see if upgrading is feasible. If not a workaround for music is to use iTunes Match or Apple Music, and use iCloud for backup and data transfer.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 13, 2018 4:47 AM in response to konvikt

I actually even updated my iTunes to the latest 12.8 out of frustration and it still isn't recognising I am getting the same error that the device has not been configured.

I also have a macbook air with yosemite and 12.8 itunes and both my apple cables on iphone are recognised in that laptop. The problem is only with my macbook pro mid 2012.

please help this is frustrating!

Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured) iPhone not connecting to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.